I’ve finally developed my budget! It took me some time after making it an October goal but it is here! I will be implementing it beginning November 2015!
I procrastinated big time. I realized that as soon as I developed my budget I would have to follow it and I really didn’t want to be held accountable. I also didn’t know what to include or not include in my budget. I also wanted to review my past spending habits to make sure my budget was as realistic as possible.Budget more and spend less! Click To Tweet
November 2015 Budget
|Car Payment 2||$414.00|
- The utility bill is actually less than $319.00/month. We recently signed up for budget billing to help with outrageous utility bills from the winter months. Last year our utility bill was in the $600.00+ range January, February, and March.
- I discussed how I lowered my cable bill here. We plan on lowering it more soon. We will eventually be eliminating all services except the internet which should decrease the bill by an additional $60.00.
- Although cell phone 1 is supposed to be $60.00, I usually exceed the bill because I go over my data and pay the bill late. This usually adds on about an extra $25.00 or more. Anyhow, my bill is usually $110.00/month. I plan on ditching Verizon once my contract ends in December and going with Republic Wireless for just $25.00/month. I plan add that extra money to my credit card balance to achieve my goal of paying off over $17,000 of debt!
Not included in my fixed budget are two loans. I did not include them because they are automatically deducted from my paycheck therefor, they are not part of my take home pay.
|Credit Card (s)||$394.00|
My other expenses don’t appear to have as much flexibility as my fixed expenses (which doesn’t make sense). Some things to consider with my other expenses are:
- My groceries have been holding steady at about $300.00/month. If we come in under $300. it only by a few dollars, literally and we just apply it to the next month.
- An October goal was to go on a shopping ban for myself. As of today, I’ve been successful. I haven’t really had the urge to purchase any clothing for myself. I did purchase Baby Prince two outfits for the movie he was in on the 8th.
- I also budgeted 0 for entertainment. We don’t take much pleasure in viewing movies or concerts, or doing extra entertainment.
- Transportation (or gas) is budgeted at $160.00/month just for my vehicle. I’ve been able to keep that budget since gas is currently priced at $2.09/gallon which is costing me about $32.00 to fill up!
- I need to include a coffee fund of about $10.00/month but I’m not sure how realistic that would be for me.
Did it take you a while to develop your budget? What do you make sure to include in the budget? Do have any budgeting tips?