First I’d like to apologize for the inconsistency here at GDTH. Due to unfortunate circumstances at work, I’ve been extremely busy, like earning 75 hours a week busy, which has made it extremely hard to find time, energy, and motivation to write. I understand that constancy is important for blog success and I’m working really hard to get back to a routine and am even considering outsourcing and guest post. If you’d like to submit please let me know here.
June 30, 2016 marked the first half of the year as well as the end of the second quarter. Since we are already half way through the year, I thought it would be a great time to evaluate my progress on my yearly goals and reevaluate any goals that are no longer relevant, may take longer than expected, or need revising. Below are the goals I made at the end of the 2015 year for 2016 and the progress made thus far.
Fully finance our home improvementFAIL (actually revised) This has been placed on the back burner. This post explains more.
- Establish and build an emergency fund IN PROGRESS This is still in progress but will be completed by December 2016.
- Stop using all credit cards and be out of credit card debt by December 2016- SUCESS I’ve stopped using the cards and am on target to have the last two paid off by September 30!
Earn or exceed $1,000 blogging income by December 2016FAIL I completely lost focus with GDTH, which is so unfortunate because I probably could’ve been making more money from it by now and could’ve potentially met this goal. Check out my previous Blog Income Reports below.
- Lose 10-15 pounds- FAIL
- Generate or exceed $5,000 in side hustle money IN PROGRESS Thus far I’ve made about $3,000 and unless I lose my PT, I should exceed this amount!
- Increase my income my 10% SUCESS I recently got a raise and the combination of the raise and my PT income should place me at the 10% increase I need to excel my debt pay off.
- Increase my financial knowledge IN PROGRESS Initially, my goal was to read a book a month. I read one in January, none from February to April, and then 3 in May. Nothing since.
- Self improve ONGOING
- Eliminate overpayment loan SUCESS This was paid in full in April!
We decided to revise our debt repayment plan. I will be at the point in August that I can apply ALL my part time income to my debt which should successfully have my final credit cards eliminated by September 30, 2016 or before. Beginning November 2016, the mister and I plan to both tackle all vehicle debt with the goal to have all paid by December 2017! Afterwards that will leave my student loans, which I’m still on the fence about actively paying to eliminate while on the loan forgiveness program.
Since we’ve decided to work on eliminating the auto loan debt by December 2017, we’ve decided to DIY as much of the home addition as we can possibly do while saving for a contractor with goals to have it completely funded by December 2018. However, those plans may change drastically. My baby boy desperately needs his own room, and I can only imagine the peace we would get with the teens upstairs on their own level.
Debt Repayment Progress
Here is the previous debt repayment update posted.
I’m super excited about being close to having my credit card debt eliminated and having that HUGE burden off my shoulders!
How have your 2016 goals been going thus far?